This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Saving the selected region on timeline

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Hello,

First of all thanks for this wonderful library on audio visuals, it is simply amazing  :).

I would like to save the region selected on the time line (basically splitting the mp3 file) and convert that into mp3 or .wav .

i went through the documentation part but the timeline support documentation is not there and it is difficult for me to understand the working and the repeating on the time line. 

Can i modify the GUI of the timeline (like say 15 second interval instead of one minute).

Thanks,

Neeraj Gupta

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM
<!-- p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Microsoft Sans Serif'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Microsoft Sans Serif'; min-height: 15.0px} -->

Hey Neeraj, 

Saving clips to files would be a function of whatever sound library you're using. The waveform timeline just provides the selection start and stop times. Saving back to mp3, specifically, would probably require and mp3 encoder which doesn't come with bass or NAudio (it's a bit of a licensing problem). Saving a region to WAV, however, shouldn't be too difficult. Check out the documentation for the sound library you're using. 

The 1 minute tick intervals on the display are currently hardcoded into the library. They're not actually always 1 minute - they're less if the file is smaller or more if it is longer. You could customize that behavior by altering the source.

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Hey Jocob,

Thanks for your reply , i am using lame.exe for mp3 encoding.  i am not able to get the selected wave stream on the timeline.

suppose i have button "Save selected Region" on my form on the click of this i want to get the selected wave stream.

I hope you get my question.

Thanks !!!